Before the years are gone and I've lost my nerve...

'Cause this is what I've waited for..



Thursday, March 27, 2008

To Conceal a Matter


"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter...."


I've been mulling this verse from Proverbs 25 over and over in my mind and just read a commentary by John MacArthur about it. The supremacy of the mind of God so incredibly supersedes our own capacity that concealing matters from us reveals the Glory of Him, His nature, His power. But I wonder if there might even be more to it than just limitations of wisdom. Could it also be that He delights in surprises? Anticipating the looks on our faces when the answer comes?

I do not possibly have the ability to keep something quiet without extreme discomfort. To hold my tongue against a barrage of questions seems like complete torture, especially when they are asked in earnest and sincerity. But if you've ever tried to keep something secret, a most special surprise, there is almost delight in keeping your mouth shut.

No, seriously....you're gonna want to wait for this one.... it's gonna be big.

Here I sit at my computer, coffee next to the keyboard, freshly made hummus and pita bread still on my breath wondering about the hidden things of God....and I love it. I love everything about this moment.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I believe that whole heartedly!!
I think God loves suprising us with his gifts and blessings! Even as he cries, mourns and sighs with us through our trials I think we can trust he is whispering "Hold on my love! Just wait until you see what I have in store for you!".

Sarah said...

p.s. Jeremiah is GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Can I just tell you how much I love your son? He's super cute! So cute, in fact, that I'll offer to baby-sit whenever you need one! :)