Before the years are gone and I've lost my nerve...

'Cause this is what I've waited for..



Monday, July 2, 2007

I've come to love Facebook- the online social network where only my invited friends can see my info. I check my page every day to see who's written me a note, or sent me a message. I actually enjoy it more than talking on the phone- that may seem mildly antisocial, but because my phone calls usually last for quite some time, it's nice to be able to send a quick hello to someone without getting into the gorey details. Creating a profile of myself online was easy- if now I can only transfer that ease onto the adoption stuff.

We are starting to compile pictures to place in our profile for the agency and I'm realizing that I am going to have to get out the camera. I don't want to pose-that's stupid, but when you are trying to give someone a feel for who you are so they will give you their child, the pressure is slightly more intense to look like you might have it together. Right.

I'm working on my attitude regarding the "dear birthparent" letter. I haven't started writing it yet, and am actually dragging my feet a bit in getting myself to just sit down and do it. I realize that when I do write this letter, with all the specifications regarding what we are looking for in this adoption, that we might not find a match. We are actually relieved to a certain extent that our previous attempt didn't work- we would not have chosen the amount of contact and involvement that the birth mom wanted, but it was part of the deal. Not so, now.

In a sense God is giving us an opportunity to help create what our family will be rather than just be at the mercy of someone else. So we put out our "fleece" and wait to see what God will do.

No comments: